Acting Director of Religious Education
Unitarian Universalist Church of Elgin is hiring an acting Director of Religious Education with an expected start date in October-November 2017. This half-time position is located in Elgin, Illinois for a duration of one year. As acting Director of Religious Education, you will be considered for the permanent position. Read the job description below and apply to the position by emailing your resume and cover letter to the Board of Trustees at BoT@uuce.org.
The Church Pianist is hired as a private contractor. A fully qualified candidate is paid up to $115 per church service. The pianist would be utilized for approximately 31 services from September through May (normally about 3 services per month), possibly more. Services are at 10:30 on Sunday mornings with a brief rehearsal approximately 45 minutes to one-hour prior to the service. The pianist may be utilized for an occasional (paid) choir rehearsal during the week, and would be required to rehearse with choir before the service in which the choir sings (currently about once a month). The Church Pianist reports to the Music Director. The pianist may not presently be, or become, a member of UUCE while a paid pianist for the church.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- Experience as an accompanist.
- Ability to sight-read.
- Ability to work collaboratively with musicians of varying skill levels.
- Ability to play a variety of genres (classical, pop, jazz, blues, rock, etc.).
- Ability to play from a lead sheet.
- Ability to play or accompany from a chord chart.
- Ability to play solo pieces for interludes, transitions, soft background music for rituals, etc.
- Any choral directing skills would be welcome but not necessary.
Anyone seeking to fill this position should contact Steve Askins at firstname.lastname@example.org