Our church has been a leading voice for liberal religion since 1866. In that long history, we have worked to be an active voice of UU principles in the Illinois area.
Our Sunday services begin at 10:30 am, and all are welcome to attend. If you are a new visitor, take a look at our new visitor page for information about attending a service.
Most services are led by our minister, Leland Bond-Upson. About once a month, our Worship Team collaborates with the minister to create a meaningful lay-led service. During the summer, these lay-led services are more frequent.
View our upcoming services to see what topics will be discussed in the near future. You can also explore our service archive to see what topics we’ve discussed in the past and listen to recordings of past services.
Our Mission and Vision
At UUCE we covenant to:
- Nurture the spirit
- Grow in relationship
- Serve with love and compassion
To nurture the spirit, the people of UUCE across the lifespan:
- Find inspiration and challenge for lives of connection, integrity and transcendence.
- Articulate and live our Unitarian Universalist values and beliefs.
To grow in relationship, the people of UUCE across the lifespan:
- Develop deep, broad, healthy relationships.
- Connect across difference with authenticity and integrity.
- Partner with Unitarian Universalist congregations and institutions to grow in covenant.
- Build and steward the resources of UUCE together to advance our mission and Unitarian Universalism.
To serve with love and compassion, the people of UUCE across the lifespan:
- Actively practice giving and receiving compassionate care.
- Create a space of trust and safety to engage with issues that may divide us.
- Work in authentic partnership with interfaith and community groups, to create a more just and compassionate world.